Now in its fifth edition, this definitive guide to counselling adolescents has introduced thousands of trainees and practitioners to the theory, principles, skills and techniques of proactively counselling this client group.
With over 4 hours of online resources, this multi-disciplinary book uses case studies and examples to demonstrate how a diversity of needs requires a diversity of approaches and skills through a variety of settings. It is essential reading for trainees and practitioners in counselling, social work, the allied health professions and education.
What's new to this edition?
- Coverage of models of mental health/illness
- More on attachment theories
- Further explanation and a new preface focused on the proactive approach
- A new chapter on mindfulness
- More online resources added to companion website including additional videos and links to key ethical guidelines
The Online Resources
For students:This edition comes with over 4 hours of video content that demonstrates the key concepts in action to help you extend your learning.
For lecturers: Accompanying the book are downloadable PDFs of a 12 session adolescent peer counselling training programme developed by the authors.