Winner of the 2020 Textbook Excellence Award from the Textbook & Academic Authors Association (TAA)
“The contemporary issues and challenges confronting the U.S. justice system are critically and comprehensively examined in the latest edition of Introduction to Criminal Justice: Systems, Diversity, and Change. The text applies a unique lens to understanding the interconnected nature of crime and justice, the role of diversity, and how technology has changed the field of law enforcement, the courts, and the correctional system.”
—Christina Mancini, Virginia Commonwealth University
Helping students develop a passion to learn more about the dynamic field of criminal justice, this concise bestseller introduces students to the criminal justice system by following the case studies of four individuals in their real-life progression through the system. Each case study is strategically woven throughout the book to help students remember core concepts and make connections between different branches of the system. In addition to illustrating the real-life pathways and outcomes of criminal behavior and victimization, authors Callie Marie Rennison and Mary Dodge provide students with a more inclusive overview of criminal justice by offering insight into overlooked demographics and the perspectives of victims.
This newly revised Third Edition encourages students to think critically and discuss issues affecting today’s criminal justice system with engaging coverage of victims, criminal justice professionals, offenders, and controversial issues found in the criminal justice process.
INSTRUCTORS: Introduction to Criminal Justice is accompanied by a complete teaching & learning package! Contact your rep for a demo.
- SAGE Vantage Digital Option
SAGE vantage is an intuitive digital platform that delivers this text’s content in a learning experience carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Contact your rep to learn more.
- SAGE Premium Video
Included in SAGE Vantage! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources feature criminal justice in action, career insights, engaging interviews with those profiled in the text’s case studies, author discussions of tough concepts, animated decision-making scenarios, and news clips of current events to boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Preview a video now.
- SAGE Coursepacks
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
- SAGE Edge
FREE online resources for students make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generatio
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provide
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available on the SAGE vantage platform, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Career insights from professionals in the field, interviews with victims and former offenders in the running case studies, author discussions of tough concepts, as well as news clips of current event
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook
SAGE edge for students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- Video and multimedia resources that bring concepts to life and enhance exploration of key topics
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning that bring concepts to life and enhance exploration of key topics???