SAGE Publishing and the American Marketing Association partner to publish AMA Journals
SAGE Publishing is proud to announce that it will begin publishing the portfolio of journals from the American Marketing Association (AMA) effective immediately. Founded in 1937, AMA is the largest chapter-based marketing association in the world with four premiere academic journals on the marketing industry.
AMA journals include new ideas from top academic and professional minds evaluating best practices and identifying next practices for today’s marketers. The four journals now published by SAGE include:
- Journal of Marketing (launched in 1936) is the premier outlet for substantive research in marketing that bridges the gap between theory and application.
- Journal of Marketing Research (launched in 1964) strives to publish the best manuscripts available that address research in marketing and marketing research practice.
- Journal of Public Policy & Marketing (acquired by AMA in 1990) is the leading source for understanding today’s most important issues that rest at the nexus of marketing and public policy.
- Journal of International Marketing (acquired by AMA in 1997) is dedicated to advancing international marketing practice, research, and theory.
“Publishing robust research that is essential for marketing industry professionals, the AMA journals are a natural complement to SAGE’s portfolio of business and social science journals,” commented Bob Howard, Senior Vice President of Global Journals at SAGE. “SAGE is dedicated to building bridges to usable knowledge. We look forward to supporting AMA as it bridges the gap between thoughtful scholarship and real-world application.”
“This academic research empowers marketing practitioners to solve problems with evidence-based learning,” explained Russ Klein, Chief Executive Officer of the AMA. “This new partnership with SAGE Publishing will expand access to this peerless repository of knowledge as we work to be the preeminent marketing voice shaping the future.”
# # #
Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content publishing more than 1,000 journals and over 900 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. A growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. www.sagepublishing.com
As the largest chapter-based marketing association in the world, the American Marketing Association is trusted by marketing and sales professionals to help them discover what’s coming next in the industry. The AMA has a community of local chapters in more than 70 cities and 350 college campuses throughout North America and is home to award-winning content, PCM® professional certification, premiere academic journals, and industry-leading training events and conferences. For over 80 years, journals from the AMA portfolio have addressed big problems in marketing that evaluate best practices and identify next practices. www.ama.org @AMA_Marketing
Book review requests: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to journal articles: email@example.com
For inquiries regarding SAGE's corporate and public affairs contact: Louise Coady.
Contact (media inquiries only)
- Camille Gamboa, Director of Corporate Communications and Public Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: (+1) 805-410-7441