21st Century Psychology: A Reference Handbook
- Stephen F. Davis - Morningside College
- William Buskist - Auburn University, USA
21st Century Psychology highlights the most important topics, issues, questions and debates any student obtaining a degree in the field of psychology ought to master to have an effective understanding of the discipline in the 21st century.
The contributors consist of established experts within the field of psychology, including several former presidents of the American Psychological Association. The 100+ chapters provide material of interest for students from all areas of psychological studies including the biological, cognitive, developmental, social and clinical arenas. Coverage includes cutting-edge topics such as human performance in extreme environments. Chapters are brief and accessible with references to guide through to further readings.
- Provides students with initial footholds on topics of interest in researching for term papers, in preparing for Graduate Record Examination, in consulting to determine directions to take in pursuing a senior thesis, graduate degree or career
- Offers full coverage of major sub-themes and subfields within psychology including social, developmental, cognitive, biological, clinical and methodology
- Provides a uniform in-chapter structure to make it easy for students to locate key information with a common format of: Introduction, Theory, Methods, Applications, Comparisons, Future Directions, Summary, Bibliography, Suggestions for Further Reading and Cross References