Achieving Your Award in Education and Training
A Practical Guide to Successful Teaching in the Further Education and Skills Sector
- Mary Francis - Learning and Skills Council
- Jim Gould - Education Consultant, UK
This updated third edition includes:
- Clear guidance on responsibilities and requirements for working in the Further Education and Skills sector
- How to motivate and communicate with learners through engaging teaching
- Pragmatic advice on planning and assessing learning
- Enhanced discussion of working with others, safeguarding, risk management, quality assurance requirements
- More case studies and activities that demonstrate how to link good practice to the classroom
Previously known as Achieving Your PTLLS Award, this third edition of the popular book comprehensively covers the new requirements for the new level 3 Award in Education and Training for anyone training to teach in the Further Education and Skills sector or broader workplace and adult learning settings.
This updated third edition includes:
• Clear guidance on responsibilities and requirements for working in the Further Education and Skills sector
• How to motivate and communicate with learners through engaging teaching
• Pragmatic advice on planning and assessing learning
• Enhanced discussion of working with others, safeguarding, risk management, quality assurance requirements More case studies and activities that demonstrate how to link good practice to the classroom
This is a comprehensive text book that supports Award in Education. It has great ideas for resources, strategies and approaches that are not only good for Award students but those who progress to further teacher training courses.
Linked to learning outcome of the course. Provided foundation of topics for learners to relate teaching practice and theory
Excellent book which supports the learners in completing their assignments.
An easy and informative read, it offers a step-by-step guide through the planning, teaching and assessment journey, with a very clear structure and plenty of guidance and suggestions throughout.
A clear and accessible book that covers all major topics of the course.
It has a very clear layout and style. It has a very practical approach to teaching which should be very useful to those new to the profession.
This book is an easy read due to it being well laid out and having lots of good teaching points. It covers all the learning points required for the new level 3 Award in Teaching and Training and is a must read for anyone teaching in the FE and skills sector and Adult learning.
A difficult choice between this and Ann Gravels so we bought a selection of each and let students take the one that they considered best met their reading and study styles. Equally positive and complimentary feedback on both books, with AG book better answering the assessment tasks!
But a great read and useful reference.
Clearly written and well-structured text book, which is pitched appropriately for those considering a career in the POst-Compulsory Sector.
While an excellent book, the specifics do not relate to the award system in Ireland
Great book - full of tips and hints to help students with the Award. Easy to read and a great book to have by your side when discussing FE sector.
Sample Materials & Chapters
1. Learners' thoughts about 'good' teachers
5. Checklist for using resources
7. Giving constructive feedback
8. Checklist for competence-based assessment
9. Checklist for success in functional skills
12. Format 1 - Group planning on a session by session basis
13. Format 2 - Individual planning on a session by session basis
15. Checklist for evaluating a session
18. Checklist for microteaching lesson plan