Put together by an outstanding author team, including many authors from the University of Northampton, An Introduction to Early Childhood is a much loved book that helps you explore all the major themes in early years education and care, while providing you with real insight into the changing world of early childhood.
To further support your study, this edition has been expanded to include five new chapters including The History of Childhood, Play and Creativity, Children and the Media, Leadership and Management, and Reflective Practice.
This book further supports your study with outstanding learning features including:
· Chapter objectives and introduction immediately introduce you to chapter concepts saving you time
· More case studies provide deeper insight into how theory works in practice
· Research in context boxes show how recent research is changing the world of early years
· Reflective questions encourage you to think like a reflective practitioner
· Chapter summaries aid your revision by recapping core concepts covered in each chapter
· Further reading and recommended websites direct you to additional resources to further support your study.
This book also comes with a new companion website. Visit www.sagepub.co.uk/walleranddavis3e to access a wealth of additional resources including:
- Child Observation Videos give students a peek into a real Early Years settings and insight into child behaviour. These track particular children at different stages in their development, showing videos of the children 12 months apart in order to observe their development. Great basis for seminar discussions and student assignments.
- Employability podcasts providing hints and tips about going on your first placement and getting your first job
- Podcasts from chapter authors providing deeper insight into key topics
- Free SAGE Journal Articles to deepen students' understanding on core topics
- Web links directing to useful websites for further study and support in practice.
Want to learn even more about Early Childhood?
Visit www.sagepub.co.uk/walleranddavis3e to access a wealth of additional resources including:
Podcasts from chapter authors providing deeper insight into key topics
Employability podcasts providing hints and tips about going on your first placement and getting your first job.
Child Observation Videos give you peak into a real Early Years setting and insight into child behaviour.
Selected SAGE Journal Articles to deepen your understanding on core topics.
Web links direct you to useful websites to further your study and support you in practice.