- Professor Mary James, University of Cambridge, President, British Educational Research Association
'Highly readable and thoroughly researched, this call for a new vision of education deserves to be ready by all those who share the concern to shape today's assessment practices to meet the needs of tomorrow's society.'
- Professor Patricia Broadfoot, CBE, University of Bristol
Do you need a practical guide to assessment, curriculum and policy? Are you also looking for a book that is firmly grounded in theory and professional practice?
This book makes assessment processes transparent for practitioners, and shows how assessment should align with curriculum and teaching for success in education. The book will show you how practitioner use of achievement standards can improve learning, equity, social justice and accountability.
Inside this book, you will learn about:
- Quality assessment and judgement practice
- Relationships across curriculum, assessment, teaching and learning
- Front-ending assessment based on the learner's needs
- Practitioner judgement approaches and standards
- The conditions under which teacher assessment can be valid
- Principles derived from research of social moderation practices
Assessment for Education is the perfect guide for students, researchers, academics and teaches, and anyone working in curriculum and assessment policy.