Becoming a Multicultural Educator
Developing Awareness, Gaining Skills, and Taking Action
- William A. Howe - Albertus Magnus College
- Penelope L. Lisi - Central Connecticut State University, USA
Teaching Diverse Students
FREE DIGITAL TOOLS INCLUDED WITH THIS TEXT
The edge you need to succeed!
SAGE edge gives instructors and students the edge they need to succeed with an array of teaching and learning tools in one easy-to-navigate website. Learn more: edge.sagepub.com/howe3e
SAGE edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;·
- multimedia content featuring original videos that meet the learning needs of today’s media-savvy students and bring concepts to life;·
- sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses that provide suggested models for structuring your courses;·
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course;
- exclusive access to full-text, influential SAGE journal articles, which have been carefully selected to tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions; and
- Tables and figures from the book available for download.
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. SAGE edge content is open access and available on demand. Learning and teaching has never been easier!
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly Flashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
- Video and multimedia links that appeal to students with different learning styles
“Great book for most facets of multicultural education because it includes an equal balance of theoretical information on multicultural education as well as instructional methodology."
“Accessible, a primer for those interested in learning about multicultural education."
"Becoming a Multicultural Educator puts student diversity and multicultural teaching at the center with clear coverage of important ideas, including theory and research. The authors are dedicated teacher and scholars!”
"Research based; usable for students with ESL backgrounds; strong focus on diversity in a classroom and attitudes on diversity; good case studies provided on challenging topics."
"Becoming a Multicultural Educator does a great job with incorporating real classroom applications to the discussion of diversity.”
Great book with excellent resources. I only wish it had more in-depth discussions on gender and sexuality.