Leveraging Resources for Student Success
How School Leaders Build Equity
- Mary Ann Burke - Santa Clara County Office of Education
- Reynaldo Baca
- Lawrence O. Picus - University of Southern California, USA
- Cathy E. Jones
Local Authorities | School Management | Teaching Diverse Students
Written in a user-friendly format, Leveraging Resources for Student Success highlights effective leadership strategies for decision-makers and educators at all levels. It offers visionary, yet realistic techniques for building a school culture, as well as policies and procedures that cater to and empower diverse students-resulting in enhanced student, teacher, and schoolwide performance.
Special features of this definitive book include:
- Invaluable work sheets and sample plans for easy self-evaluation and implementation
- Specific "Survival Strategies" that have been successfully utilized in urban schools
- Tips for cultivating and maximizing community relationships to obtain resources
- Straightforward assessment methods to authentically measure change
- Real-life examples of principal and teacher practices that have worked.
"Here is a book that challenges educators to put aside outmoded images of what is unlikely to push education far or fast enough to make a difference. Underlying each chapter is the belief and the 'how to' that allows for the development of a community culture that matches the changing condition of a changing society and student success."