Grounded in the district's Learner - Learner Model, participants in Virtual Learning Communities co-construct knowledge, refine their thinking, and expand their boundaries of learning opportunities across the boundaries of physical proximity, leading to higher levels of teaching effectiveness and new structures of learning. This book provides a hands-on guide to school leaders who wish to enact such high-powered, system-wide professional learning experiences leading to enhanced collaboration across geographical boundaries and higher levels of student achievement.
Preface: The Evolution of a Design
About the Author
About the Contributors
1. The Learner-Learner Model
2. Getting It Started: A Planning Guide
3. 10 Action Steps to an Online Virtual Learning Community
4. The Process: Transitioning a Face-to-Face Professional Learning Community to an Online Virtual Learning Community
5. Getting It Done: What Structures Support the Implementation of a Virtual Learning Community?
6. Building Capacity and Sustainability: School-Based Virtual Learning Cohorts
7. Pitfalls Don't Hold You Back
8. Summary: My Reflections