Based on prevailing leadership and management theories, Principal Induction will provide K-12 schools and principal training programmes with a centerpiece and blueprint for their principal induction programmes. The book opens with a definition of principal induction, rationale, and a look at legislation and policy related to induction, different models, and roles of the mentor and mentee. The book ties competency and certification standards with current best practices. It focuses on the critical importance of the induction process in the recruitment, development and retention of school administrators. It creates a framework by which principal induction programmes can be established nationwide, and implemented for administrator induction, development, and retention. Principal Induction is the first book that is tied to the new Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standard and is a timely follow-up to Principal Leadership: Applying the Educational Leadership Constituent Council Standards, a book also by Elaine L Wilmore and published by Corwin Press (May 2002)
About the Author
1. Induction: The Big Picture
2. A Partnership Model for Administration Induction Success
3. How Do You Stay Focused on the School Vision When the Walls Are Falling Down?
4. The Best We Can Be…
5. How Do I Run This Place?
6. I Have to Work With Them?
7. It May Be Legal, But Is It Right??
8. Mama Told Me There'd Be Days Like This
9. The Internship: Preservice Administrators Looking to the Future
10. For the Future