The new joint Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards, now recognized as the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards, are at your fingertips, ready to be applied by principals as well as administrator preparation programmes.
This is first book to make the connection between the new standards and the principal's leadership role in creating and sustaining a school's culture and values. Its simple, consistent format includes:
- Meeting the standards for the learning community
- Creating, developing, and implementing school vision and culture
- Organizing learning community resources
- Establishing collaborative partnerships within the school community
- Dealing with the dilemmas, politics, and professional development in school communities
- Transforming the learning community
In addition to a thorough discussion of the new standards, each chapter includes easy-to-use learning tools that include "Activities for Professional Development" and reflective questions to help individuals, groups, or classes get the most from the book's practical, insightful, and easy-to-read format. Principal Leadership is a must-read for current and future school leaders who recognize the increasing complexity of the principal's role in our ever-changing, complicated world.