This book provides those involved with the preparation of school administrators with andoverview of the internship as a central ingredient of effective pre-service programmesA critical assumption made throughout the book is that the goal of such programmes is to ensure that those who step into assistant principalships, principalships, central office posts and other administrative roles should be assisted to engage in learning processes which will make them transformational leaders, not simply organizational survivors.
About the Authors
1. Internships and the Preparation of Educational Leaders
2. State of the Art in Internships
3. Setting the Stage for the Internship
4. Leading, Not Simply Surviving
5. Carrying Out the Internship: Competencies and Skills
6. The Role of the University Supervisor
7. The Field Mentor
8. The Role of the Intern
9. Evaluation and Assessment
10. After the Internship: What's Next?