Technology keeps changing, and cyberbullying is as prevalent as ever. It’s time to up your game.
As social media apps, gaming platforms, and other online environments have given present more opportunities to adolescents to cause harm to their peers, the proportion of youth who’ve experienced cyberbullying continues to rise. This bestselling guide from the co-directors of the Cyberbullying Research Center provides the tools you need today to keep your students safe in this increasingly connected world.
Now in its third edition, this essential resource draws on the cyberbullying experiences of thousands of students and incorporates new evidence-based strategies focused on school climate, empathy, resilience, digital citizenship, media literacy, counterspeech, and student-led initiatives. Other updates include:
- An overview of popular online environments you should know about
- Techniques for how best to work with parents, student groups, law enforcement, and social media platforms
- Deeper exploration of the emotional and psychological consequences of cyberbullying
- A nuanced focus on identity-based (e.g., gender, race, religion, sexual orientation) victimization
- Summaries of the latest legal rulings and what they mean for your school
Featuring solutions that are actionable, relevant, current, and data-driven, this guide will equip you to protect students from online harm.