The chapters cover:
- models and types of coaching
- specific frameworks for coaching
- the impact of coaching on personal and professional development
- how coaching can impact on raising attainment
- how coaching can improve teaching and learning.
Written by experienced educators and coaches, this book provides insight for all those involved in school leadership. Analysis of case studies involving professionals working in early years, primary, secondary and post-16 settings highlights what makes coaching effective. Further reflection shows how coaching and learning are inextricably connected. Clear explanations of coaching models and tools enable readers to expand their own range as coaches.
Sarah Gornall is a Leadership Coach and the Director of Coaching Climate. Mannie Burn works with Best Practice Network and as an independent coach in schools