Responding to an explosion of new mathematical and computational models used in the fields of cognitive science, this book provides simple tutorials concerning the development and testing of such models. The authors focus on a few key models, with a primary goal of equipping readers with the fundamental principles, methods, and tools necessary for evaluating and testing any type of model encountered in the field of cognitive science.
1. Introduction to Cognitive Modeling
2. Qualitative Model Comparisons
3. Nonlinear Parameter Estimation
4. Application to Choice and Response Time Measures
5. Quantitative Model Comparisons
6. Hierarchical Modeling
About the Authors