Through an exploration of various social fields, such as media, identity and ethics, the book analyses the limits and possibilities of the cosmopolitan turn and explores the different contexts cosmopolitanism theory has been, and still is, applied to. Critical, diverse and engaging, the book successfully answers questions such as:
- How can we understand cosmopolitanism?
- What is the relationship between cosmopolitanism and ethics?
- What is the relationship between cosmopolitanism and identity?
- How do cosmopolitan networks come into being?
- How do we apply cosmopolitanism theory to contemporary, digital and mediated societies?