Skills That Drive Change
- Gerard J. Puccio - Buffalo State - State University of New York
- Marie Mance - Buffalo State - State University of New York
- Mary C. Murdock - Buffalo State - State University of New York
Leadership | Leadership & Management | Organizational Psychology (General)
- Intimately connects leadership and creativity: Leadership is now characterized as the catalyst for change, while creative thinking is the process that leads to change. This is the first book to make an explicit and elaborate conceptual link between creativity and leadership.
- Utilizes the Creative Problem Solving process: This book explores the more than 50 years of Creative Problem Solving (CPS) research and application. While other books focus on creative thinking and CPS, this is the first to offer a philosophical position that is then followed up with specific principles and procedures that leaders can employ to deliberately enhance their effectiveness in creating and managing change.
- Promotes "deliberate creativity": The authors are all faculty at the International Center for Studies in Creativity, Buffalo State—State University of New York, internationally renowned as a leading authority on the topic of Creative Problem Solving. Their rich experience encourages students to take a proactive approach toward the production of novel and useful ideas that address a predicament or opportunity.
Introduces some worthwhile concepts and frameworks that could help future entrepreneurs
Creative Leadership helps the reader getting a better understanding of the way in which creative processes can be supported through communicative actions. It presents important frameworks and allows the reader to create an understanding of how to work with and have an effect on individuals, teams and organisational processes for achieving creative outcomes.
Great text book. Combines theory and praxis very well. Very pleased with this text book and will keep using.
excellent book for my MSc class on leadership and innovation
I am going to adopt this book as recommended reading for students in the third year of a Bsc. in Engineering, following a module in professional skills with emphasis in leadership, creativity and problem solving
Not as centered around Leadership and Change as needed.
Very good book. Students have been enjoying the book and the activitiess
Other texts are better fit for the course.
Choose a different book that you had on leadership (Northouse, 9781452203409).
Excellent text, we have used it as an essential reading for the Perspectives of Creative leadership module for the last 3 years
Sample Materials & Chapters
1. Change, Leadership, and Creativity