Cultural Anthropology: A Global Perspective delves into both classic and current research in the field, reflecting a commitment to anthropology’s holistic and integrative approach. This text illuminates how the four core subfields of anthropology—biological anthropology, archaeology, linguistics, and cultural anthropology—together yield a comprehensive understanding of humanity. In examining anthropological research, this text often refers to research conducted in other fields, sparking the critical imagination that brings the learning process to life. The Tenth Edition expands on the book’s hallmark three-themed approach (diversity of human societies, similarities that make all humans fundamentally alike, and synthetic-complementary approach) by introducing a new fourth theme addressing psychological essentialism. Recognizing the necessity for students to develop an enhanced global awareness more than ever before, author Raymond Scupin uses over 30 years of teaching experience to bring readers closer to the theories, data, and critical thinking skills vital to appreciating the full sweep of the human condition.
INSTRUCTORS: This text is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo.
- SAGE Premium Video
Included in the Interactive eBook version of this text, SAGE Premium Video assignable video content includes assessment and helps students understand key concepts. Learn more.
- Interactive eBook
Your students save when you bundle the print version of this text with the Interactive eBook, which includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more! Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-0718-1342-3. Learn more.
- SAGE Coursepacks
SAGE Coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE Coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
- SAGE Edge
This companion website offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
With SAGE Coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- chapter Coursepack quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- assignable video (available via the Interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives:
- corresponding video assessments that automatically feed to your gradebook
- videos from sources such as Getty and AP, which provide current, real-world examples for chapter concepts
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text;
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and make learning easier;
- carefully selected open-access chapter-by-chapter video links and multimedia content that enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention; and
- learning objectives that reinforce the most important material.