Data Collection and Analysis
- Roger Sapsford - University of Teesside, UK
- Victor Jupp
Social Research Methods
A wide range of examples illustrate the text and a set of exercises runs throughout the book to aid the reader in understanding and planning research projects.
Building on the strengths of the First Edition, this new and expanded version includes:
- The addition of chapter introductions, summaries and key terms to guide the reader through the text
- Three brand new chapters focusing on: research and information on the Net; discourse research; ethnographic and discursive qualitative analysis
- Up-to-date examples of research in action
- New material on questionnaire design, composite measurement and techniques of quantitative and qualitative interviewing
An invaluable guide for students from across the social sciences, this wide-ranging volume is also a key resource for practitioners in a variety of applied areas including nursing, social work, the criminal justice system, teaching and education.
Excellent book on quantitative data- added to the reading list
Nice chapters, I may ask for permission to use a few chapters in a reader, however...
- I do not like the statistical data analysis chapters (I am using proper statistics books for that)
problem is that the book is too broad for the context in which I have to use the text.
1. linking data collection and analysis to let students see the link between them.
2. Provides some activities
1. It might be too advanced for postgraduate students for some techniques.
2. not user friendly
I found the book too technical and complicated for my students. The book is very good, but since it is both in English and very high standard my students will have too many difficulties understanding the essence of it.