- Lawrence Grossberg, University of North Carolina
"Accessible and insightful throughout; offering help to both experienced and inexperienced students of cultural theory. Highly recommended."
- John Storey, University of Sunderland
Doing Cultural Theory teaches more than just the basics of cultural theory. It unpacks its complexities with real-life examples, and shows readers how to link theory and practice. This book:
- Offers accessible introductions to how cultural studies has engaged with key theories in structuralism, poststructuralism and postmodernism
- Teaches straightforward ways of practising these theories so students learn to think for themselves
- Uses 'practice' boxes to show students how to apply cultural theory in the real world
- Guides students through the literature with carefully selected further reading recommendation.
Other textbooks only show how others have analyzed and interpreted the world. Doing Cultural Theory takes it a step further and teaches students step-by-step how to do cultural theory for themselves.