Drawing on the latest exciting research, Essential Biological Psychology provides students with a solid grasp of the relationship between mind and behaviour, and a detailed understanding of the underlying structure and physiological mechanisms that underpin it. The functions of the nervous system are explained and implications for health are explored. Throughout the book, Jim Barnes encourages students to evaluate essential concepts and theoretical issues.
- key concepts highlighted throughout the text enables students to grasp the fundamental knowledge and understanding of the structures and functions of the human nervous system that are relevant to the study of psychology
- the snapshot of key studies detailed in the textboxes allow critical evaluation of the role of physiology in human behaviour against a backdrop of up to date research
- clear explanations of the key methods in the text give students an appreciation of the contributions made by the different approaches and research methods that are used in biological psychology
- memory maps and diagrams within the text encourage learning and allow students to formulate memory aids to assist recall in exam conditions
- a companion website found at www.sagepub.co.uk/barnes consists of PowerPoint lecture slides and a testbank for teachers (50 questions per chapter) as well as interactive self-assessment testbank for students (10 questions per chapter)
Electronic inspection copies are available to instructors.
- Multiple choice question-based test banks arranged by chapter that can be used for student assessment
- PowerPoint™ Slides arranged by chapter, which capture key points as well as figures and tables
- Interactive Multiple Choice Questions for on-going self-assessment