The essential guide to anatomy and physiology for nursing students.
The new edition of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice brings together text, video, full-colour illustrations, interactive activities, and more, to provide nursing students with a comprehensive introduction to understanding the healthy functioning of the human body. This second edition has been thoroughly updated and includes new videos, improved online support, revised learning activities, and clear explanations that will help nursing students feel confident when learning anatomy and physiology for the first time.
- Students can use their phone or tablet to scan QR codes throughout the book and instantly watch informative animations, mini-tutorials, and other useful videos.
- Introduces all the essential anatomy and physiology information in a carefully structured way, helping students to steadily build their knowledge and successfully apply it to nursing practice.
- All content is based around the person-centred nursing framework and a fictional family is used throughout to demonstrate how the biology applies to real people, helping students to apply the A&P knowledge directly to real-life nursing situations.
- Supported by new and improved online teaching and learning resources, including a teaching guide to the resources, a fully revised testbank, over 250 downloadable figures from the book, and a host of student resources such as multiple-choice questions and over 800 glossary flashcards to help aid revision.
Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice is essential reading for all nursing students and nursing associate students learning anatomy and physiology for the first time.
Watch this video guide to using the online resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnLcJxdoVio
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- A Teaching Guide to the resources
- Video Teaching Support - Video URLs and accompanying questions
- Test bank - a set of questions, for directed learning or assessment purposes.
- Downloadable image bank (over 250 diagrams and figures from the book for use in slides or as printouts.)
- VLE/LMS Download: Upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s virtual learning environment (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs
Student Resources (Free to access)
- Video links - URLs of the videos featured in the book
- 170+ Multiple-Choice Questions - designed for revision and exam preparation
- Over 800 glossary flashcards with an audio function to check pronunciation of unfamiliar terms
- Recommended readings and weblinks
- Answers to end of chapter questions
The Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Practice now has an exciting new feature - built-in Augmented Reality.
This feature enhances the learning experience for students and taking the teaching of A&P to the next level.
This functionality bridges the gap between theory and practice, providing a more immersive and unique learning experience.
With Augmented Reality, students can learn in a more engaging way and gain a deeper understanding of the subject.
Augmented Reality Mobile App
Scan QR Code with your mobile device to download Mobile App
Once you've downloaded the app, you can hover your device over the AR-enriched diagrams in the book and watch as they come to life.
Using a print Copy of the textbook: Use the AR frame within the app to scan the images in the book on indicated pages.
Explore: Dive straight into the 3D and AR content within the app. Interact with images, zoom in, and rotate to investigate every angle and detail.
Join the AR Revolution: Lecturers can also use desktop version of this book’s AR enrichment for teaching in class.
Launch the app and take your teaching to a whole new level.