This new edition includes information regarding intelligence, counterterrorism laws, and deprivation theory, as well as new and updated sections discussing mass violence in the United States, narco-terrorism, anti-state dissident terrorism, ISIS, and a new theoretical model for ending terrorist campaigns. The text also examines recent attacks and presents new data, case studies, and photos to show readers the state of terrorism across the globe today.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- Exclusive access to various full-text SAGE journal articles support and expand on the concepts presented in the chapters to help develop critical thinking skills.
- Original videos feature interviews with the author and provide contemporary examples that relate back to the chapter content.
- Carefully selected web-based video resources feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- Multimedia content includes videos that appeal to students with different learning styles.
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Original videos feature interviews with the author to provide students with contemporary examples that relate back to the chapter content.
- A Microsoft® Word test bank is available containing multiple-choice, true/false, short-answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides a diverse range of pre-written options, as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting personalized questions to assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Sample course syllabi for semester courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for courses and highlight essential content and features.
- Exclusive access to various full-text SAGE journal articles that support and expand on the concepts presented in the chapters. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in the course for a robust classroom experience that encourages students to think critically.
- Multimedia content includes videos that appeal to diverse learners.