The book has complete coverage of the fieldwork research process; how to understand and do. With extensive learning features throughout, it will help students to delve into fieldwork within social research in much greater detail.
A step-by-step introduction to successful fieldwork, this guide will help you to plan, design, conduct, and share your research. Packed with practical tools and real-world examples, it includes:
· Field tested checklists for each stage of your research,
· A glossary with key, highlighted terms
· Postcards from fieldwork experts providing global case studies
· Further reading that expands social theory into applied research,
· Advice on effective virtual research within digital and hybrid settings as well face-to face fieldwork.
Clear, pragmatic, and multidisciplinary this is the perfect book to open your eyes, ears, and minds to the world of fieldwork.
Richard Phillips is a Professor of Human Geography at the University of Sheffield.
Jennifer Johns is a Professor of Management at the University of Bristol.