Foundations of Psychological Testing
A Practical Approach
- Leslie A. Miller - Consultant, LanneM TM LLC, Florida, USA
- Robert L. Lovler - Senior Vice President, Global HR, Wilson Learning Corp.
Counselling and Psychotherapy (General) | Psychometrics | Research Methods & Evaluation (General)
Foundations of Psychological Testing: A Practical Approach by Leslie A. Miller and Robert L. Lovler presents a clear introduction to the basics of psychological testing as well as psychometrics and statistics. Aligned with the 2014 Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing, this practical book includes discussion of foundational concepts and issues using real-life examples and situations that students will easily recognize, relate to, and find interesting. A variety of pedagogical tools furthers the conceptual understanding needed for effective use of tests and test scores. The Sixth Edition includes updated references and examples, new In Greater Depth boxes for deeper coverage of complex topics, and a streamlined organization for enhanced readability.
INSTRUCTORS: Bundle Foundations of Psychological Testing with the Student Workbook, featuring critical thinking and practical exercises, for only $5 more! Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-6670-8
Free online resources for instructors are available on the password-protected Instructor Resource Site.
- Test Banks for each chapter provide a diverse range of questions with the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation.
- Lecture Notes provide fully crafted summaries and chapter outlines that follow the structure of each chapter, providing an essential reference and teaching tool for course lectures.
“The textbook provides an excellent, psychometrically-grounded introduction to using psychological tests in a variety of practical settings.”
“I like the clear connection to the 2014 Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing. Students can understand this professional agreement and align their learning with current practice.”
“Good textbook for upper-level psychology majors to learn about testing and psychometrics.”
Excellent text with full coverage of the material, easy to understand, great test bank.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: What Are Psychological Tests?
Chapter 5: What Is Test Reliability/Precision?