School counseling that makes a difference - for all students!
As a secondary school counselor, you’re charged with implementing a comprehensive program to promote the academic, college/career, and social/emotional development for all students. This means developing school counseling core curriculum classroom lessons, delivering engaging content to students and families, managing classroom behaviors, providing and analyzing assessments, and sharing the results with stakeholders.
The good news is that you don’t have to do it alone! In this guide, four experienced school counselors, national leaders, and expert trainers take you step-by-step through the creation, implementation, and evaluation of a high-quality Tier 1 school counseling system of supports. With a focus on proactive and prevention education through core curriculum classroom lessons, individual student planning, and schoolwide programs and activities, this practical text includes:
- The school counselor’s role in a Multi-Tiered System of Supports
- Examples to help with design, implementation, and evaluation of Tier 1 school counseling activities
- Instruction around selecting curriculum and developing lesson plans and action plans
- Strategies for managing student behaviors in the classroom, aligned to the school counselor’s appropriate role
- Alignment with the ASCA National Model
- Vignettes from practicing secondary school counselors
- Recommendations for including families in prevention activities
- Management tools, reproducible templates, and reflective activities and process questions
You teach the academic, college/career, and social/emotional competencies students need to be successful learners. With this book’s expert assistance, you’ll be prepared to not only help them succeed, but also demonstrate to others the impact of the school counseling program on student achievement!