This comprehensive, systematic and integrated exposition of Hindu social psychology and institutions provides a vivid understanding of the difficult subject. The author has shown with remarkable clarity and lucidity how Hindu civilization has influenced society to form a distinct cultural pattern of its own. Hindu Social Organization has been received with acclaim by a number of very important social scientists in India as well as in Europe and America. It is not only a pioneering attempt but has remained unsurpassed till date. This edition bears proof of its eminence in retaining the foreword to the first edition of this book written by Dr S. Radhakrishnan.Key Features:
· The present study talks about constructing a picture of the Hindu social organization and institutions from the point of view of their socio-psychological foundations and implications.
· It deals with the many topics of education, marriage, family, place of women in Hindu society, the system of caste, with accurate learning and great discrimination.
· The present essay, we shall endeavour to visualize in details the basic conditioning factors that ruled not only the earlier phases of Indian culture and civilization, but have gone so deep into the social psychology of the Hindus that they continue to dominate his life and conduct, in a large measure, even to this day.
· This book gives us definite glimpses of what may be called the ideological and valuation foundations of those social institutions.
· It describe ideas, ideals and aspirations so as to re-set and reconstruct the several strata of the social structure that have been evolving in Hindu life and conduct.
Note: Now this ISBN-9788171542062 has a new identity.