Identifying, Assessing and Supporting Learners with Dyscalculia
- Kathleen Kelly - Independent Consultant
Assessment | Special & Inclusive Education | Teaching Methods & Learning Styles
***** Online Resources are open access. No code is required *****
It is vital to understand the challenges and provide the right support for learners with dyscalculia and specific learning difficulties in mathematics.
The book provides:
• an overview of current research explaining the nature and causation of dyscalculia
• guidance on the identification of dyscalculia
• examples of how to carry out informal and formal assessments
• an explanation of the principles of multisensory mathematics teaching
• an outline of a structured programme (for learners aged 5-14), together with examples of lesson planning and activities.
Designed for teachers specialising in the assessment and teaching of learners with dyscalculia, and those undertaking courses leading to Approved Teacher Dyscalculia (ATD) and Associate Membership of the British Dyslexia Association (AMBDA), the book is useful to any professional looking for an understanding of this area of specific difficulty.
This was a very helpful text in understanding how I can help students with dyscalculia
Another excellent book by kathleen kelly which explains but also directs for intervention.
Key information regarding dyscalculia. An essential guide for students who are trying to identify dyscalculia.