Starting, Developing, and Managing a Global Venture
- Robert D. Hisrich - Kent State University, USA
International Business & Management (General) | Small Business/Entrepreneurship
Bestselling author Dr. Robert D. Hisrich helps students and entrepreneurs develop global business plans, select international opportunities, and determine the best entry strategy. The text also covers practical considerations such as legal concerns, the global monetary systems, global marketing, and global human resource management for entrepreneurs.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- New global case studies from recent entrepreneurial ventures illustrate relevant application of the principles in the modern market
- New profiles of global entrepreneurs throughout the world start each chapter to inspire readers and keep them engaged with the material
- New coverage of Virtual Team includes tips on how to foster virtual team collaborate and maximize the effectiveness of virtual teams.
Case studies from around the world profile a range of successful global business ventures, including: RidingO,
Virgin Australia Airlines, Miyako Hotels & Resorts, MTN, YPlan, Aentropico, Spotify, Vente-privee, Nando’s, Haier, and Globant.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at http://study.sagepub.com/hisrich3e for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for International Entrepreneurship, Third Edition, by Robert D. Hisrich. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- Teaching notes for the case studies
- Sample answers to in-text discussion questions
- Sample answers to in-text exercises
- A sample business plan
“International Entrepreneurship combines the most relevant international business topics together into an entrepreneurship textbook. The textbook is a key resource to my global entrepreneurship course.”
“The Most Comprehensive International Entrepreneurship Solution: Concepts, Implications and Cases.”
“This book is a good vehicle for exploring the broad issues involved in launching and growing a business that spans national borders and cultural groups.”
Content and organization
This is comprehensive compedium of knowledge on international business strategy with a specific spin towards entrepreneurship. As such it represents a vital piece of material for entrepreneurship students on an internationally oriented programme.
There have been limited text books about International Entrepreneurship, thus the book is an oasis in the dessert. It covers essential topics in International Entrepreneurship. The cases are comprehensive covering the topics, as well.