While detailed case studies can go in-depth on specific countries and political systems, this book distills its country material into the narrative, increasing global awareness, current-event literacy, and critical-thinking skills. Adapted from the authors’ Introducing Comparative Politics, Fifth Edition, The Essentials version offers the same framework for understanding comparative politics in a briefer format, allowing you to teach the course the way you want to teach it.
SAGE Edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
learning objectives that reinforce the most important material; and
video and multimedia content that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and visual depictions of key concepts.
Instructors: SAGE Coursepacks and SAGE Edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
With SAGE Coursepacks, you get:
· quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
· an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
· assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
o diagnostic chapter quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- · an instructor manual with chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content, chapter objectives, and suggested class activities that align with the concepts of the chapters;
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions; and
- · all tables and figures from the textbook
· a TA Guide that provides guidance for graduate students and newer instructors;
· editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;