The best-selling Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process uses a practical, applied approach to teach students the foundations of the U.S. criminal justice system. Award-winning authors Kenneth J. Peak and Tamara D. Madensen-Herold draw on their many years of combined practitioner and academic experience to explain the importance of criminal justice and show how key trends, emerging issues, and practical lessons can be applied in the field. The Fourth Edition keeps students up to date with new content on recent cases, cybercrime, policing strategies, drug abuse, human trafficking, terrorism, immigration, and much more.
INSTRUCTORS: Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo.
- SAGE Vantage Digital Option
SAGE Vantage is an intuitive digital platform that delivers this text’s content in a learning experience carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Contact your rep to learn more.
- SAGE Premium Video
SAGE Premium Video includes original Student on the Street videos, Criminal Justice in Practice videos, and career videos that boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Watch a sample.
- SAGE Coursepacks
Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE Coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Learn more.
- SAGE Edge
This companion website offers students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- Learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and make learning easier.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
SAGE Coursepacks includes:
· Our content delivered directly into your LMS
· Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via Vantage) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to diverse learner, featuring:
o Student on the Street videos that breathe life into concepts with stories drawn from common student misconceptions of criminal justice
- Video interviews with criminal justice professionals offer students career advice, provide insights into a variety of career paths, and discuss challenges and misconceptions of each profession.
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
· Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
· Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
· Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
· Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
· All tables and figures from the textbook