- Larry Ray, Professor of Sociology, University of Kent
The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
Key Concepts in Critical Social Theory:
- Provides brief accounts of the central ideas behind the key concepts
- Prepares students to tackle primary texts, giving them a point of reference when they find themselves stuck
- Discusses each concept in an introductory way
- Offers further reading guidance for independent learning.
This is an essential companion for reading for students across the social sciences who are exploring critical theory for the first time.