- Nicolas Bacon, Nottingham University Business School
"This authoritative, comprehensive, up-to-date, and user-friendly reference book will be appreciated greatly by all social science staff and students of work."
- Stephen Edgell, University of Salford and author of The Sociology of Work
The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensible study aids and guides to comprehension. Key Concepts in Work:
- Clearly and concisely explains the central ideas, debates and theories of work.
- Offers a broad overview of the social, political and economic contexts of work illustrated from diverse industrial societies.
- Begins each entry with a snapshot definition followed by key words and guidance for further reading.
- Inspires students to engage in further exploration of ideas and debates.
- Provides an essential reference guide for all students in sociology, business studies, management learning about work, employment, organizations and labour markets.