This new and updated fourth edition responds to the ever-growing importance of leadership to a healthcare professional's role today by introducing you to the key skills needed to become an effective and inspiring healthcare leader, whatever level you are working at.
Designed to guide you through a structured approach to improving your leadership and management skills, this book uses case studies, practical examples, and reflective questions to help you engage with every aspect of leadership. From teamwork, communication, and problem-solving, to emotional intelligence, critical self-reflection, and quality of care.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Updated to incorporate the latest NMC Standards of proficiency for nurses
- A new chapter on Ethical, Legal and Professional Aspects in Leadership
- Online resources for teaching and learning, including videos, journal articles, web links, and multiple-choice questions
Suitable for all professions allied to medicine, including students of adult, mental health, children and learning disability nursing and midwifery, as well as nursing associates, specialist community public health nurses, physician associates, paramedic sciences, and more.
- Links to journal articles for each chapter
- Videos on all aspects of leadership covered in the book
- Weblinks directing the reader to relevant resources and exercises
- Multiple Choice Questions per chapter, written by the book’s editors