Get 12 months FREE access to an interactive eBook when purchasing the paperback*
Used at more than 1500 institutions in 89 countries and translated into 12 different languages, this market-leading text successfully combines an academically robust account of the major theories and models of leadership with an accessible style and practical examples that help students apply what they learn.
New to the 8th edition:
- A new chapter on Followership looks at the important role followers play in leadership, covering both effective followership (how followers can help leaders accomplish goals) and ineffective followership (why followers sometimes accept toxic leadership). The chapter also includes a self-assessment on followership as well as three new cases: BlueBird Care (an in-home health care agency), Olympic Rowers (1936 Olympic rowing team), and Penn State Sexual Abuse Scandal.
- A new questionnaire in the chapter on Leadership Ethical Style assesses a leader’s style of ethical leadership and will help leaders understand their decision-making preferences when confronting ethical dilemmas.
- New coverage of destructive leadership, the dark side of leadership, and psuedotransformational leadership has been included.
- A chronological approach that traces how leadership thought has developed over time
- A consistent format throughout the chapters that allows students to compare the various theories
- A leadership instrument and questionnaire within each chapter, providing self-assessment and reflection opportunities for each theory presented.
The paperback is packaged with FREE 12 month access to an interactive eBook
The book is supported by online resources, including a coursepack for instructors consisting of assessment tools, assignable SAGE Premium video, sample course syllabi, lecture notes, access to real-world cases from SAGE Business Cases, and all tables and figures from the book. Whilst for students, there is a study site that includes eFlashcards, e-quizzes, videos of author Peter G. Northouse discussing key concepts from the book, and access to SAGE journal content.
Suitable reading for students on leadership courses across a range of subjects including Business & Management, Health and Education.
*Interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook included as part of paperback product (ISBN 9781544331942).
Access not guaranteed on second-hand copies (as access code may have previously been redeemed).
SAGE coursepack includes:
- Chapter pre-tests and post-tests
- Test banks
- Activity and quizzes
- Chapter-specific discussion questions
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video
- Corresponding multimedia assessment
- Videos featuring Author Peter G. Northouse discussing key concepts from the book
- SAGE journal and reference content
- Access real-world cases from SAGE Business Cases
- Teaching notes for PowerPoint® slides
- Class activities and projects
- Sample course syllabi
- All tables and figures from the textbook
- Learning Objectives
- Chapter-specific study questions
- SAGE Premium Video
- Videos of Author Peter G. Northouse discussing key concepts from the book
- Additional Video resources linked to leadership
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content