Prepares students for a future career in hospitality management by outlining the key skills needed to become a successful manager in the service industry, with a particular emphasis on ensuring managers provide guests with a high-quality customer experience.
The book breaks hospitality management down into core principles, with each chapter focusing on a specific factor, including strategy, staffing and systems. All of which are supported by practical advice, examples, and Wow! Boxes, which provide evidence of best practice in service-sector organizations, including Walt Disney, Southwest Airlines, and The Four Seasons.
The new edition reflects the latest changes in the service industry and newer developments related to sustainability and technology. There is also an outline of the framework needed to motivate employees to provide exceptional service, and how to create a culture that consistently delivers a top quality customer experience.
The book is supported by online resources for instructors and students, including: Test Bank, PowerPoint slides, an Instructor’s Manual, Multimedia, Exercises and Assignments, Sample Syllabi, Flashcards, and Quizzes.
Ideal reading for undergraduate students on Hospitality Management and Hotel Management courses.
Instructor Teaching Site (Password Protected)
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Sample course syllabi provide suggested models for structuring your courses
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course
- The Instructor's Manual contains numerous resources for each chapter, including lecture outlines, answers to review questions, suggested activities, suggested discussion topics for Ethics in Business Feature, and case notes. These resources are collated in the Instructor's Manual files, and are also available separately on this website.
- Multimedia content includes videos that appeal to students with different learning styles
- Additional Readings provide a jumping-off point for course assignments, papers, research, group work, and class discussion.
Student Study Site (Open Access)
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow students to independently assess their mastery of course material
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material
- Multimedia resources facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions
- Additional Readings for further study.