‘Nothing has ever come close to taking Haylock’s place as my text of choice. No other book has received such consistently positive feedback from students and I can’t wait to use this Australian edition on my course.’
Dr John West, Lecturer in Mathematics Education, Edith Cowan University & President of the Mathematical Association of Western Australia (MAWA)
- AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM LINKS: Understand how chapter topics relate to the Australian Curriculum for primary mathematics.
- LESSON PLANS AND WORKSHEETS: Save time with ideas and resources for planning your lessons.
- PROBLEM SOLVED! VIDEOS: Visualise how to solve a question by watching a quick animated demonstration.
- QUESTIONS AND QUIZZES: Achieve a firm grasp of concepts and a clear understanding with self-assessment questions and quizzes.
- FREE INTERACTIVE EBOOK: Study anywhere with your portable and convenient eBook!
Section A: Mathematical Understanding
Chapter 1: Primary Teachers’ Insecurity about Mathematics
Chapter 2: Mathematics in the Primary Curriculum
Chapter 3: Learning How to Learn Mathematics
Section B: Mathematical reasoning and problem solving
Chapter 4: Key Processes in Mathematical Reasoning
Chapter 5: Modelling and Problem Solving
Section C: Numbers and calculations
Chapter 6: Numbers and Place Value
Chapter 7: Addition and Subtraction Structures
Chapter 8: Mental Strategies for Addition and Subtraction
Chapter 9: Written Methods for Addition and Subtraction
Chapter 10: Multiplication and Division Structures
Chapter 11: Mental Strategies for Multiplication and Division
Chapter 12: Written Methods for Multiplication and Division
Section D: Further Number Concepts and Skills
Chapter 13: Natural Numbers: Some Key Concepts
Chapter 14: Integers: Positive and Negative
Chapter 15: Fractions and Ratios
Chapter 16: Decimal Numbers and Rounding
Chapter 17: Calculations with Decimals
Chapter 18: Proportionality and Percentages
Section E Algebra
Chapter 19: Algebraic Reasoning
Chapter 20: Coordinates and Linear Relationships
Section F Measurement
Chapter 21: Concepts and Principles of Measurement
Chapter 22: Perimeter, Area and Volume