- Investigates the commercial and strategic advantages of consolidation and cross-media expansion
- Examines the socio-political and cultural implications of media concentration
- Analyzes how policy makers have responded to media concentration and convergence
- Assesses the relationship between media ownership and economic performance
- Looks at the balance of power between politicians and media owners
This book offers an up-to-date critical overview of the contemporary media environment, as such it will be an essential text for all those with an interest in media economics, media policy, media law and management.