All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
Jigsaw is a collaborative learning strategy that has a powerful impact on student learning. Collaborative learning allows students to consolidate their understanding as they interact with peers using academic language and argumentation skills. In this easy-to-use but comprehensive guide to Jigsaw, teachers will learn what Jigsaw is, how to prepare before, during, and after jigsaw, and how to assess it.
In this On-Your-Feet Guide, teachers will find:
• An introduction to Jigsaw and how it was invented
• Ideas for helping teachers prepare before, during, and after Jigsaw
• Advice for forming groups in the classroom
• An If-Then chart that helps teachers troubleshoot common problems
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides
• When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
• As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
• To learn how to implement foundational practices
• When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself