Planning in Britain
Understanding and Evaluating the Post-War System
- Andrew Gilg - University of Exeter, UK
Geography, Earth & Environmental Science | Planning (General)
· Objectives: what is the aim of planning in the UK?
· Methods: how appropriate is UK planning legislation?
· Procedures: how effective are the planning organizations and processes?
· Impacts: to what extent have planning policies addressed planning problems?
Teaching devices and case studies are used throughout to illustrate the planning process. The text concludes with a discussion of the measurement of the success or failure of planning practices.
Planning in Britain will be essential reading for all planning students, as well as geographers and land economists studying land use planning.
Good historical accounting of changes placed within current context, almost time for a new one!