SAGE Publishing acquires four Rowman & Littlefield journals
SAGE Publishing, a leading independent publisher of journals, books and digital resources across a broad range of academic disciplines, has acquired four journals from Rowman & Littlefield. Beginning in 2019, SAGE will publish the Journal of School Leadership (JSL), the International Journal of Educational Reform (IJER), Collections: A Journal for Museum and Archives Professionals, and Pro Ecclesia: A Journal of Catholic and Evangelical Theology.
- JSL is a bimonthly publication for both school and university-based educators, contributing to local and global discourse around leadership on school campuses.
- IJER is a quarterly publication in which recognized authorities from around the globe provide scholarly insight and practical analysis of worldwide developments in education reform.
- Collections is a multi-disciplinary publication in which curators, archivists, collections managers, educators, students, and others discuss all aspects of handling, preserving, researching and organizing collections.
- Pro Ecclesia is a quarterly journal of Catholic and Evangelical theology dedicated to publishing biblical, liturgical, historical and doctrinal articles.
Oliver Gadsby, President of Academic and Professional Division, Rowman & Littlefield commented: “We sought a publisher with a long history of supporting quality research in the fields of education, social science and the humanities. We believe this new relationship with SAGE will broaden the reach of JSL, IJER, Collections and Pro Ecclesia and positively impact their respective scholarly communities.”
Founded in 1949, Rowman & Littlefield is dedicated to publishing high-quality college texts, entertaining and informative books for general readers and professional and scholarly books in the humanities and social sciences.
To learn more about these journals, visit SAGE journals.
# # #
Sara Miller McCune founded SAGE Publishing in 1965 to support the dissemination of usable knowledge and educate a global community. SAGE is a leading international provider of innovative, high-quality content publishing more than 1,000 journals and over 900 new books each year, spanning a wide range of subject areas. A growing selection of library products includes archives, data, case studies and video. SAGE remains majority owned by our founder and after her lifetime will become owned by a charitable trust that secures the company’s continued independence. Principal offices are located in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, Singapore, Washington DC and Melbourne. www.sagepublishing.com
Rowman & Littlefield is a leading independent publisher, headquartered just outside Washington DC, with strengths in Academic Publishing in the Humanities and Social Sciences, Publishing Government and Official Data, and Educational Publishing. Rowman & Littlefield publish simultaneously in print and e-book editions. https://rowman.com/
Book review requests: email@example.com.
Access to journal articles: firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries regarding SAGE's corporate and public affairs contact: Louise Coady.
Contact (media inquiries only)
- Mollie Broad, Senior PR Executive: email@example.com / Tel: (+44) 0207 324 8782