Principles and Practice of Marketing
- Jim Blythe - University of Plymouth, UK
Jim Blythe's Principles and Practice of Marketing will ease you into the complexities of Marketing to help you achieve success in your studies and get the best grade. It provides plenty of engaging real-life examples, including brands you know such as Netflix and PayPal - marketing is not just about products, but services too. Marketing changes as the world changes, and this textbook is here to help, keeping you up to speed on key topics such as digital technologies, globalization and being green.
- Teaching notes per chapter, including answers to internet exercises for students
- PowerPoint slides per chapter
- Exam test bank
- Guide to designing a course on marketing
- Videos about marketing
- Podcasts about marketing careers
- Marketing employability resources and advice
- Extra case studies
- Guide to writing a Marketing Plan
- Online exercises per chapter
- Interactive multiple choice questions per chapter
- Interactive flashcards
- Pinterest page featuring useful weblinks to ads, campaigns, etc.
- RSS feed incorporating trade magazines, news websites, blogs, etc.
A engaging textbook, I have set multiple readings from this book throughout the module, especially for the postgraduate students as there is a lovely depth of discussion for each topic.
Very interesting book, like everything else Blythe has done. Excellent and illustrative examples, a very nice read for first year students. The chapters on consumer behaviour and B2B marketing are particularly insightful.
An invaluable old faithful text, good point of reference
Unfortunately the related marketing project was postponed.
A good support resource to enhance students' understanding of the application of marketing within an organisation
A useful overview
Great book which enables students to grasp the most salient principles which are clearly presented in Jim Blythe's inimitable style.
A great complimentary academic text to ensure students have the opportunity to embed a wide range of theories.
This is a well rounded book that can assist students in establishing the core basics related to marketing. useful at all levels I will suggest this as one of the recommended texts
From a tutors point of view the book is well structured and is easy to adapt for developing lecture materials. There are some very useful case studies to use.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 2: The Marketing Environment