This is a core text for anyone training to be (or working as) an internal or external quality assurer in the further education and skills sector. It has all the information you need to work towards the quality assurance units for qualifications such as: The Certificate and Diploma in Education and Training, or the quality assurance units of the Learning and Development (TAQA) qualification.
The book takes you through all the information you need to know, opening up the topic for learning in an easily accessible way. Interactive activities are included throughout, and real examples of quality assurance in practice are included. The book also includes examples of completed internal and external quality assurance documents.
It is a comprehensive text, covering:
· principles of internal and external quality assurance
· planning quality assurance activities
· carrying out quality assurance activities
· risk management
· making decisions and providing feedback
· record keeping
· evaluating practice
· the role and use of technology
· planning, allocating and monitoring the work of others
This is your guide to understanding how to use internal quality assurance activities effectively with assessors, and external quality assurance activities with centre staff.