A who’s who of methodologists, this book introduces students to the big picture of qualitative research, teaching both the ‘why’ and the ‘how to’ of getting started, selecting a method and conducting research and data analysis. With practical tips, summaries, exercises and further reading, each chapter is like a masterclass from a leading scholar in qualitative research.
New to the fourth edition:
- A streamlined structure to guide readers step-by-step through the research process
- Substantial new section with 4 chapters on how to collect and analyse online data
- A new chapter on reflexive ethnography
- More hands-on advice on how to conduct research at every stage, making this a perfect field handbook
- Updated reading lists provide a go-to guide to the literature and help improve citations
The most comprehensive qualitative research book available, this is the perfect all-in-one companion for any student embarking on a qualitative research course or project.