Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences, Third Edition employs a problem-focused approach to present a clear and comprehensive introduction to research methods. Award-winning teacher, author, and advisor Gregory J. Privitera fully integrates the research methods decision tree into the text to help students choose the most appropriate methodology for the research question they are seeking to answer. Speaking to readers directly, Privitera empowers students to view research methods as something they can understand and apply in their daily lives.
INSTRUCTORS: Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences, Third Edition is available with a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo and answer any questions.
- SAGE coursepacks
FREE! SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more >>
- SAGE edge
FREE! SAGE edge offers students a robust online environment with an impressive array of learning resources. Learn more >>
- Student Study Guide
Bundle with the Student Study Guide With IBM® SPSS® Workbook for Research Methods for the Behavioral Sciences, Third Edition for only $5 more (Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-7100-9). Learn more >>
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- SPSS® in Focus Screencast videos for SPSS in Focus sections from the text that show step-by-step how to use SPSS®;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- chapter quizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- exclusive access to influential SAGE journal content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning; and
- exercises and multimedia links that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
o diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- exclusive SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- all tables and figures from the textbook;
- an instructor’s manual with chapter outlines, lecture suggestions, and more
- SPSS in Focus Screencasts that accompany each SPSS in Focus section from the book and provide step-by-step instructions
- end-of-chapter questions and answer keys