Social and Personal Identity
- Derek Layder - University of Leicester, UK
Social Psychology (General) | Social Theory
· Demonstrates that personal identity is formed around
basic needs for security and self-esteem and the personal
desires that flow from them
· Shows the role of the emotions in personal life
· Explores the limits of approaches that deny the existence
of 'individuals' and 'personal experience'
· Demonstrates how we build on everyday problems and
dilemmas of life to shape our moods, attitudes and feelings.
Shrewd and compelling, the book will be of interest to anyone studying Social Psychology and Sociology.