Behavior Change for Social Good
- Nancy R. Lee - University of Washington and Social Marketing Services, Inc., USA
- Philip Kotler - Northwestern University, USA
Marketing (General) | Public Sector and Non-Profit Marketing | Social Marketing
For almost two decades, Social Marketing: Behavior Change for Social Good has been the definitive guide for designing and implementing memorable social marketing campaigns. Bestselling authors Nancy R. Lee and Philip Kotler present a proven 10 Step Strategic Social Marketing Planning Model and guides students and practitioners through each stage of the process. The new Sixth Edition is packed with more than 25 new cases and dozens of new examples related to today's most pressing social problems including the opioid epidemic, climate change, youth suicide, and more. The new edition also includes significantly expanded coverage of social media. Whether your students are on a mission to improve public health, protect the environment, or galvanize their community, they will find Social Marketing an invaluable resource.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank, written by Nancy R. Lee, is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
- Social Marketing Planning Worksheets: Appendix A from the printed text will be made available online in an easily-downloadable format for worksheets and hand-outs.
- Syllabus provides a sample to start with to customize for your classes.
- Power Point presentations to assist with lecture preparation
“This practical, step-by-step book will give your students the skills they need to walk out of the classroom and start making a difference in their own communities by developing well-researched and theoretically grounded campaigns.”
“It is the seminal textbook for social marketing.”
“The ‘go to’ book for developing social change programs”
“Social Marketing: Behavior Change for Social Good effectively balances social marketing theory with practical application strategies. I recommend this textbook for social or nonprofit marketing courses.”
“This book is THE comprehensive authority on social marketing by two highly respected key scholars in the field. Your students will find this pragmatic textbook engaging and easy to read. The level of detail and planning exercises will give your students the skills they need to conduct social marketing projects of their own.”
“This is the quintessential textbook for social marketing. The book is reader friendly with excellent examples from the field!”
“Lee’s and Kotler’s social marketing textbook is your number one resource on learning how to become a social marketer. Its process model and tools are the quintessential for developing effective social marketing programs.”
I needed two chapters from this text. I bought the paper version to share on my LMS.
Love this text. Used it before. Wanted the most recent version for my student.
Sample Materials & Chapters
1: Defining and Distinguishing Social Marketing
2: The 10 Step Strategic Planning Process