Social Work Theory in Practice
- Philip Heslop - Northumbria University , UK
- Cathryn Meredith - Northumbria University , UK
Social Work & Social Policy (General) | Social Work Practice (General)
A step-by-step guide to the underpinning theoretical knowledge in social work helping your students to confidently apply theory in practice.
- Exercises will help them get to grips with the essentials and reflect on learning.
- Case studies from eight fictional social workers located in a busy local authority office will allow them to explore a range of different practice experience, theoretical perspectives and approaches to understanding situations and identifying possible courses of action.
- The authors’ own experiences will show the importance of reflection, supervision and continual learning to help them prepare for the reality of practice.
A really powerful book in relation to practice that is easy to read and accessible for students
Helpful publication, offering updated, modern take on theory in practice, certainly useful read for those reviewing theory for social work practice.