Social Work with Looked After Children
- Christine Cocker - University of East Anglia, UK
- Lucille Allain - Middlesex University London, UK
Child Protection | Looked after children | Social Work - Families
Key features include:
- Practical links between theory and practice
- Includes law and policy relevant to looked-after children
- Information on understanding statistics
- Contains lots of practical activities
Very specific to LAC (as the title suggests!) I was just looking for something a little more broad. Useful when exploring strategies and methods for LAC and the process behind this though.
This book is very well written and is informative. It provides a good overview for social work students on looked after children
this is One of the best little books I have read in relation to looked after children - clear detail going through all the different stages appropriate. Brilliant social work students and lecturers as well as professionals.
A very accessible text, suitable for social work students preparing for and during practice placements. A particularly useful chapter focusing upon work with children with disabilities.
Wide-ranging coverage of an important area covered in an accessible way